Are you analytical, a great juggler of multiple priorities, love process improvement and would like to showcase your written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the company? If so, our Senior Compensation Analyst role might be a great opportunity for you! We are seeking an analytical professional with advanced Excel and communication skills who is looking to become part of a highly visible team of compensation professionals.
As a member of the Markel Compensation team you will be responsible for providing appropriate support and analysis to ensure Markel maintains competitive compensation programs and a cost effective position in the markets in which we operate.
- Makes recommendations regarding salary structure, base pay, and incentive compensation;
- Conduct job analysis for positions to ensure appropriate compensation levels are established and maintained;
- Participate in compensation surveys to collect and provide continuous research and analysis of competitive compensation information;
- Review effectiveness of current compensation processes, creates compensation reports and metrics to evaluate internal and external best practices, and drives ongoing process improvement initiatives;
- Support the development of compensation strategy and direction. Assist in structuring compensation which results in high-value for both the company and the employee;
- Execute on core processes like annual merit, bonus, and stock award administration;
- Partner with key stakeholders to drive completion of compensation projects;
- Partner with HRIS and Payroll teams to support configuration and execution of compensation programs;
- Ensure compliance of compensation programs with federal, state, and local regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-focused major;
- Advanced Excel proficiency;
- Intermediate Power Point skills;
- 5+ years of relevant compensation experience required, preferably in the insurance industry;
- CCP certification (preferred)
- Prior experience managing multi-department projects or processes (preferred);
- Prior experience working in Workday or similar HRIS system (preferred).