At the Richmond Fed, we’re driven by our mission to strengthen the economy and our communities. We take great pride in what we do and it impacts everyday people every day. When you join our team, you’ll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we’ll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It’s all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!
About the Opportunity
Compensation Consultants deliver innovative human resources services with a focus in our compensation program and total rewards. Consultants interpret and enforce human resources policy; research, develop, and analyze human resources programs; monitor outcomes and implement improvements and prepare reports and recommendations. Consultants provide guidance to employees on the rights and responsibilities of employment and serve as a consultant to management on the implementation and execution of HR policy.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and own the development and operation of high impact compensation programs and services.
- Use broad knowledge of HR concepts, policies, best practices, and trends to lead development of key compensation policies, procedures and services
- Serve as a compensation subject matter expert and consults with management of dedicated client groups to identify and understand their business needs
- Track and measure compensation program performance, streamlines processes, resolves highly complex issues, and introduces enhancements
- May maintain responsibility for budget and procurement activities related to compensation program areas
- Create and maintain compensation related spreadsheets and provides general data modeling for compensation programs.
- Complete highly complex compensation research, investigations, and ad hoc analytical reports
- May direct and provide leadership support to cross-functional project teams as necessary
- 9+ years at the Advanced level
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; CCP preferred.
- Acute analytical ability
- Acute attention to detail with a high level of data integrity and accuracy
- Outstanding oral and written communication, ability to interact on required information and concepts with people at all levels of the organization providing clear and concise information and/or instruction to key stakeholders
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work with internal and external stakeholders including Federal Reserve System staff
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office along with various other software applications as needed for the role
- Broad and deep technical knowledge of the principles of Human Resource Management including best practices and relevant laws and regulations.
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join the Richmond Fed, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun!
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank.
- Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
- If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify email@example.com.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
- The hiring range is $94,000 – $117,000 annually.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications.