Apply: Manager, Compensation in Richmond, Virginia | Altria
· Location: Richmond, Virginia
· Req ID: 4704
· Position Type: Full-Time
· Operating Company: Altria Client Services
· Relocation Benefits Eligible: Yes
· Remote: Yes
Do you have experience being a strategic business partner in the design, planning, and implementation of compensation strategies and programs? Are you interested in being a key contributor in supporting the development of enterprise solutions to support compensation initiatives? If so, we want to speak with you!
We are seeking a Manager of Compensation to join the department in Richmond, VA, but are open to remote working arrangements.
What you will be doing:
• Performing significant data analysis on compensation elements, including base pay, short-term incentive plans, long-term incentive plans, pay for performance, benchmarking / market data, annual surveys and labor market trends to advise and lead clients.
• Partnering with HRBPs to consult with business clients and deliver compensation solutions that support business objectives.
• Providing advice and guidance through the job evaluation process to appropriately value work in our organization and ensure internal equity and external competitiveness.
• Partnering with Talent Acquisition on delivering highly competitive and attractive new hire offers to meet our diverse talent needs.
• Leading complex compensation projects, from design to proposal and implementation, including change management for the communication and training of the results.
• Delivering compensation programs including annual base pay increases, promotions, short-term incentives, and long-term incentives to clients.
• Providing up-to-date market intelligence on competitive compensation trends and practices.
• Partnering on critical annual compensation and performance processes.
• Ensuring compliance with all related regulations according to local jurisdictions, to include creating policy and procedure.
We want you to have:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field and five years of progressively responsible experience in the analysis, design and administration of compensation programs.
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they apply to base compensation and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations.
• Proven experience in complex data analysis and progressive recommendations in the compensation space
• Strategic thinking and proactive identification of new opportunities and technologies to drive continuous improvement.
• Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, organizational, and decision-making skills.
• Comfort and skill in influencing partners and clients at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• World at Work Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and certified compensation professional credentials preferred.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our deferred profit sharing and incentive compensation programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Altria Client Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Altria has a leading portfolio of tobacco products for U.S. tobacco consumers age 21+. Altria’s Vision through 2030 is to responsibly lead the transition of adult smokers to a non-combustible future. Altria is Moving Beyond Smoking™, leading the way in moving adult smokers away from cigarettes by taking action to transition millions to potentially less harmful choices - believing it is a substantial opportunity for adult tobacco consumers, Altria’s businesses and society. Altria’s wholly owned subsidiaries include the most profitable tobacco companies in their categories: Philip Morris USA Inc. (PM USA), U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company LLC (USSTC), and John Middleton Co. (Middleton). Altria’s smoke-free portfolio includes Helix Innovations LLC (Helix), the maker of on! oral nicotine pouches, exclusive U.S. commercialization rights to the IQOS Tobacco Heating System®* and Marlboro HeatSticks®*, and an equity investment in JUUL Labs, Inc. (JUUL). Altria also owns equity investments in Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (ABI), the world’s largest brewer, and Cronos Group Inc. (Cronos), a leading Canadian cannabinoid company. At Altria, we celebrate the power of diverse teams working together to shape our future. We are inspired to bring our best because our unique strengths are valued. We believe our personal success and progress should be guided by Our Cultural Aspiration, a new articulation of what we value and who we aspire to be, collectively. Our Cultural Aspiration respects and complements individual identity, embracing each other’s unique strengths, welcoming newcomers and developing the best, most inclusive and diverse teams. Join us as we work together to shape a better future for adult tobacco consumers, our employees, and our shareholders. Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about Altria at www.altria.com and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. *IQOS Devices and HeatSticks® are currently unavailable for sale in the United States.