Gallagher, located in Richmond, VA, is currently recruiting for two Compensation Consultants who will focus on Executive Compensation.
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Gallagher's Human Resources & Compensation Consulting practice unites some of the most respected names in human resource consulting. Our team of experts in compensation, engagement, leadership development, executive search, and surveys, uses industry-leading data and analytics to empower clients with the tools they need to lead their healthcare, higher education, public sector, and nonprofit organizations toward success. We draw on expertise from every category of human resources, then assemble flexible consulting solutions that streamline efficiency and strengthen bottom lines.
Position Summary: The HRCC team is looking for a Compensation Consultant to provide consulting services to public and private organizations in the areas of executive compensation. To support the senior leaders as needed in their prospecting and marketing to potential clients and assisting with current client relationship management efforts with the objective of growing our business commensurate with the best interests of the client, our company and its associates and shareholders
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, science or analytical field preferred.
Experience: Requires three to five years’ experience in compensation, data research, and/or compensation consulting environment including executive compensation, and/or management consulting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong work ethic and a service-oriented mentality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Clear, concise, professional written and oral communications.
- Facilitate and manage comparative analysis of executive and director pay, equity incentives and stock plans, financial performance, incentive plan practices and design, and other specialized topics
- Assist with preparation and revise client reports, including designing charts and tables, summarizing findings
- Maintain familiarity with the compensation databases, surveys and proxy statements. Enter client data accurately and in a timely manner.
- When appropriate, participate in client calls and meetings; helping facilitate client relationship and interactions
- Contribute to firm-wide development of intellectual capital and other marketing efforts Attend conventions and association meetings with the Senior Leaders and assist them in conducting seminars and presentations to client groups, as appropriate.
Client Relationship Management
- Assist the Senior Leaders to maintain good client relationships and solve problems. Participate in client conference calls to address specific client projects, questions, or issues.
- Participate in the plan design and implementation processes as appropriate. Become familiar with client issues, client plans, and political issues.
- Work with the Senior Leaders to assure the delivery of high-quality consulting services to clients Attend planning meetings to discuss project status and ensure the completion of client work within timelines.
- Understand client expectations, offer ideas and suggestions during the planning meetings and throughout the various phases of the project, as appropriate.
- As appropriate, attend client meetings telephonically and travel with Senior Leaders to observe their presentations to clients; after fully trained, deliver presentations, first in tandem with a Senior Leader, then independently as assigned.
Productivity and Sales
- Meet regularly with the Managing Director for mentoring, coaching, and reviewing your performance, goals, and initiatives.
- Maintains high level of productivity and meets productivity targets.
- Maintains an acceptable billable hour’s ratio.