Dominion Energy is currently seeking a Human Resources Compensation Consultant.
The Compensation Services team has a new opportunity for a human resources professional with strong analytical and communications skills to join our team as a Compensation Consultant in support of Dominion Energy’s business units and their employees. The successful candidate will need to be self-driven and eager to learn the company compensation policies, programs and systems.
The Compensation Consultant role serves as a consultant to employees, management and Human Resources to ensure compensation programs and policies are administered in an effective, consistent and lawful manner. The individual serves as a subject matter expert on compensation policies and provides support, consultation and interpretation to leadership and HR partners. Plans and directs policy review process: reviews changes in company processes and legal requirements, researches best practices, benchmarks policies and recommends changes.
The individual in this role will:
• Develop, implement, and coordinate corporate wide compensation policy guidelines, programs, and processes and monitors their effectiveness to further business objectives and legal requirements.
• Lead compensation, projects and facilitate change management initiatives, to effectively integrate compensation with the organization's strategy, its structures and systems, and the processes by which work and goals are accomplished for improved organizational performance.
• Provide leadership and expertise within compensation.
• Serve as the compensation technical resource and expert to management and human resources community.
• Ensure data integrity as it relates to reporting and analytics for compensation.
• Act as source of "best practice" information and keep abreast of trends and issues to design, implement, communicate, and administer compensation, policies, and programs including: annual merit, incentive and equity based pay programs, and supplemental and differential pay policies.
• Serve as the compensation liaison with IT to ensure system changes are implemented accurately and in a timely manner.
This role will also serve as the lead on the compensation team to provide oversight and training for the compensation analysts in the area including developing the procedures and processes to conduct market pricing studies to determine appropriate pay grades for jobs within the Company.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
The knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences required for entry into this job include the following:
• 7-8+ years of directly related compensation experience. (Note: A Master's Degree can count as one year of experience. Partial year experience of at least six months of experience will be rounded up to one full year.)
• Advanced knowledge of compensation theories, practices and procedures.
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to independently resolve complex problems in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated ability to lead projects to closure.
• Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to facilitate and/or work on multiple project teams simultaneously.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication interpersonal and persuasion skills.
• Ability to build relationships and gain buy-in for compensation programs with all levels of management.
• Proficient in application of business process improvement methodology, benchmarking, and change management.
• Excellent personal computer skills including Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Visual Basic, Tableau and/or SAP BW is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of company organizational structure, policies and programs preferred.
Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to think analytically and strategically.
Strong customer service orientation.
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined above.
- Military service members and veterans with ranks from E5-E9, W1-CW5, or O3-O6, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience are encouraged to apply.
Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor or Master
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Professional certification in specialty area desirable.
Office Work Environment 76 -100%
Other Working Conditions
No Testing Required