The Compensation Program Administrator serves as the university compensation expert, responsible for independently providing strategic leadership and execution of VCU’s staff compensation program, as well as supporting the faculty compensation decision-making process. This position identifies, evaluates and communicates compensation data trends and insights to assist leaders in making data-driven decisions. The Administrator consults as a trusted advisor, with client-facing HR Professionals, the Talent Strategy team, and university leaders to proactively identify and address compensation opportunities to advance VCU’s mission. The Administrator manages complex projects involving cross-functional teams and works independently and with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced and evolving environment. Duties include, but are not limited to:
•Leads and implements staff compensation programs and processes, both the internally developed program for university and academic professionals, as well as the state administered classified plan.
Initiates and implements continuous improvement initiatives ensuring compensation programs remain competitive, efficient and innovative.
•Develops tools to include job description templates, job evaluation templates, and pay analysis modeling. Streamlines existing compensation practices and processes.
•Serves as internal compensation consultant, advising HR Professionals and leadership on complex compensation issues, including pay equity analysis.
•Periodically reviews compensation strategy and philosophy, policy, and administrative procedures to ensure continued support for VCU operations; makes recommendations for improvement. Works to ensure that VCU maintains its strategic objectives and competitive place in the marketplace.
•Actively participates in the the design, communication, education, and implementation of compensation programs to ensure they meet the needs of the employee population and the changing requirements of the compensation program, both those developed internally and imposed externally. Develops and provides training; serves as VCU subject matter expert and internal spokesperson relative to compensation.
•Conducts comprehensive compensation analysis to ensure market competitiveness, biannually updating all market pay ranges. Influences compensation decision-making process and outcomes by providing detailed analysis/models, innovative recommendations, and expert knowledge.
•Provides compensation data for executive compensation decisions.
•Monitors federal, state and local compensation regulations. Audits pay practices to ensure compliance with wage and hour laws and regulations, internal and Commonwealth of Virginia pay policies.
•Partners with the HRIS team to maintain appropriate levels of support for efficient compensation processes.
•Ensures that all data pertinent to compensation program delivery is compliant with University standards and HR policies and best practices.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, finance, economics, human resources, or related fields. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
• Significant progressive broad-based compensation experience, preferably in large, complex organizations.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of compensation theory, concepts, practices, standards, laws and processes.
• Experience consulting and influencing effectively with internal customers, including business partners and executives.
• Experience designing and implementing effective and innovative compensation programs and processes.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills which demonstrate: the ability to effectively convey and explain information and tactfully deal with diverse people, situations and ideas; excellent ability to draft clear, concise specifications, documentation and reports; excellent facilitation, presentation and interpersonal skills; and demonstrated ability to interact with and present to senior leadership.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and organizational and advanced computer skills (for example, Word, Excel, Access, and other related programs).
• Demonstrated ability to work as a leader in a collaborative environment, build consensus and promote exchange of information among project team members and internal units.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU.
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification
• Executive compensation experience, higher education experience, HR generalist experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of contemporary compensation principles and practices.
For more information visit here: https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106984