"Let's Talk Comp - and make it understandable to our HR peers"
Kerri Arnold is an Engagement Leader for Newport Group’s Compensation Consulting Services team. She is a senior certified Human Resources professional, SHRM-SCP and SPHR, with twenty + years of HR and Compensation experience. For over ten years, Kerri has been an HR Compensation consultant and adviser for small and medium sized businesses, and also has 10 years of experience as a corporate HR professional.
Compensation is a topic that hits home to our HR colleagues. They guide and defend the organization’s pay decisions. Communicating your organization’s compensation program effectively is not just about the numbers, but the strategy, approach, and decision making process. In this discussion, we will explore how, as Total Rewards professionals, to provide our HR colleagues with a behind the scenes look at what we do to support informed, equitable pay decisions.
Learning Objectives: Attendees will learn how to:
1. Offer HR colleagues a perspective of the organization’s compensation program at the strategic level.
2. Explore some examples of a Total Rewards Philosophy discussion and its impact on an organization’s pay program.
3. Articulate the organization’s level of pay competitiveness, and how to find reliable pay data sources.
4. Clarify the value of jobs compared to the value of people.
5. Coach our Talent Acquisition colleagues through tough salary negotiations.
6. Provide the information managers need to make informed pay decisions.
7. Learn how to develop a compensation communication campaign to build credibility, trust, and employee engagement.
Experience Sharing: Attendees will be invited to share examples of their own experiences, creative approaches, and success stories.
Kerri has a deep passion for consulting with employers to help design workforce compensation programs. The best leaders understand that rewards are also a personal measure of value and worth to an individual. Look forward to a meeting making this compensation topic informative, interesting and actionable.
Directions provided by Google Maps
View Larger Map